Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This Sad and Holy Glow

I feel swallowed up by finances. I made some poor decisions, and now I am going to have to get by without money for a bit. I am not making this entry to complain or anything, just observe how much money can strangle people. It is ridiculous that I feel so numb, belittled and hopeless with out have a few green bills in my pocket. I know that God has a better life for us than what I am living right now, but in a way I think this is also teaching me a lesson. When I get back on my feet, I plan on giving myself a cash allowance every week and saving all of my excess. It is time to be completely out of debt and restore the control over my life. I honestly feel beat up right now, but I know that I am going to come out of this with a greater understanding of life and myself.

I saw it in the eyes of the checkout girl -
that sad and holy glow every blue-collar knows,
like the lit windows on my childhood street
where the deep, dark secrets of the family are kept.
Beneath the mire and stench of growing debt,
the deep, dark secrets of the family are kept.
Credit is a whore who won't wake up and leave,
but believe me I'm not sleeping with her anymore.
I don't want to be a slave, I just want to be free
and honestly I'm sick and tired of people chasing me

1 comment:

BONE said...

I enjoyed this piece, good writing.