Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jesus on earth...

Well, this will probably be my last entry before Christmas. These past few weeks have been interesting. I have gone through many stresses and trials with work and finances. Yet, for some reason, I have woken up every morning with Jesus on my mind. It seems like the first thought through my head when my alarm goes off is prayer and thankfulness. I really truly am grateful to have a Savior who loves me so. I feel like no matter what happens, and how life progresses, I have this deep love for God. This may sound like a sappy love song, but its true. People can doubt this whole thing all they want, and in all honesty, I think God welcomes it. The truth of the matter is, EVERYONE has a magnet in him or her that is attracted to Jesus. There isn’t a single person on this earth that wasn’t created to worship Him. Anyway, I am grateful.

My friend was telling me how he was going to serve at a shelter or soup kitchen on Christmas day. I really respected that; I will be with my friends and loved ones. It sparked the thought in me however. We worship God through loving others. Whether it be a homeless person looking for food, spending time with our friends and family, ect. We are exalting Jesus by living like him, and showing our compassion and love for others. I think that is a profound thing. I mean it really makes me value my relationships and loved ones in a different way. Anyway, food for thought I guess.

No comments: