Friday, December 16, 2005

Back in the Saddle?


So I haven’t updated my blog in almost a year. I just haven’t had anything to say I guess. Well, I am finally feeling ready to be vocal about life. So I will try and update this more often. My pastor recommended that I start journaling and writing down my thoughts. I probably won’t add too many friends to this thing for that reason. But I don’t really care who reads this. I think it is important to be transparent and open. I would also like to point out that my thoughts on this are just that…thoughts. Don’t believe everything you read, pray about it and apply it to yourself.

So I guess my first entry is going to be fairly general. I have recently gone through some revelation on my understanding of God and this life that we are going through. You know what my huge revelation was? God is Love. Profound, huh? If you are a Christian like myself, you have probably heard that a million times before. I have recently decided that I don’t care how many times it is said, because I do not see it in action in modern day Christianity. It seems like we focus on everything that is wrong. Whether it be cussing, drinking, yada yada. In the grand scheme of things, who cares? I wouldn’t call myself a fundamentalist by any means, but sometimes I think we really need to strip away the garbage. I believe that one of the enemy’s biggest means of destruction is confusion. I DO think that we, as Christians, need to fine-tune ourselves and really look introspectively, but lets get the basics right first. Jesus came here and loved people. The compassion that he showed people changed their hearts. Take Zaccheus (this example is inspired by Blue like Jazz for those of you who care) for example. Everyone in his town hated him. He was a tax collector who was rich of the poor and struggling people. I am pretty confident that he heard an ear full from his peers about how his life was wrong. However one day he decided to get in a tree and watch this Man he had heard so much about (I believe Jesus is magnetic, and all of us have a longing for him). Jesus looked at him in the eye, and said “I am eating at your table”. Jesus went over to his house and loved on him. Through His compassion, Zacheus was changed sold everything he had, spending the rest of his life pursuing Jesus. I think in a lot of ways, they church today looks more like the Pharisees of the gospels. The fact of the matter is, we don’t have everything figured out, and our calling is to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel”, I intrepid that as spreading Jesus’ love and acceptance.

No comments: