Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Go Now in the Light of Your God

Did your mother ever say "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"? My mom sure did. I was thinking about that phrase the other day, and decided that I should give it a shot. I have been trying to make an attempt at letting only love come out of my mouth. Unfortunately, I have been failing miserably. Even this morning, I was on my way in to work and someone cut me off, so I immediately thought out loud "What the hell is this douche bag's problem?". Not a very loving thing to say I suppose. I think it's going to be a process though, I am becoming more aware of the things I say and trying to make adjustments. It's not even a matter of my Christian belief-system, I just want my mark left on this world to be that of love. It's so easy to make jokes at other's expense, or vent out frustration by making biting remarks. It seems like the real challenge in life is controlling your tongue. I am not saying that one should be dishonest with themselves, and bottle up anger, sadness or whatever emotion you are feeling. I just think it's important to have control over the way that is exposed in your life. Anyway, hopefully this blog doesn't sounds pompous or conceded, I just wanted to make my new resolution somewhat public so my friends can hold me accountable. LOVE YA'LL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 18 talks about the tongue. Check it.