Monday, February 18, 2008

Heavenly Day

I have a lot to do today at work; however I couldn’t help but make a blog entry.

Last week I spend a lot of time daydreaming about my childhood. Going up to my uncle’s cabin and fishing for walleye until the night was old, cuddling up to my mom as my father spoke to his congregation, having this confidence in my heart that I knew exactly where I was heading and precisely what I wanted to do. There is this certain clarity/joy that seems to only emit from childhood. I am not sure if I can ever get back to that place, but it would be nice to be so in touch with myself again.

That said, I can’t complain. I am happy with whom I am today, and maybe when I am 40, I will envy this time in my life. I really think that any point in your life can be the “golden years” if your attitude is right. God has placed so many little wonders and beauties all around us.

Anyway, I had a nice week and weekend. Last night, we just sat around, played guitar and sang with the “Remedy” group after our small group. It was oddly relaxing. I felt like I could just sit there forever and sing until I had no more sound in my lungs. My good friend, Brandon got back into town on Saturday. We went up to Boulder and attended “Boulder Church”. It was a good evening and I really feel like I take a lot from that group. I am glad Brandon is back, I needed a bike riding partner again, haha.

Ps. I got this song off Abby’s blog, I just listened to it 4 times in a row. Enjoy:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Iver! Yes, he is great.

I made it back from France and washed the nasty helmet of greasy hair I acquired after sleeping in airports for a few days. I loved that video of your future wife singing ;) Maybe you, her and Chipotle can work out the difficulties of your engagements, and then have a double wedding with me and the music of Jackson-Browne. It's the only thing I managed to get onto my iPod lately... and I don't care.

But, uh, also, what happened with the baby, homes? I ended up helping this Lebanese man get around the airport, then the bus system, then to his hotel, so I didn't get to finish grilling you.

- Abby

Josh Mickelson said...

should I email you or just wait for you to be on msn?

Anonymous said...

I can't get on MSN for some reason. You can email me.