Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Comfort

Thanks, Mel, for sharing this verse, I've been thinking about it all morning:

Psalm 27:13
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

Christianity is not just a ticket into heaven, or a mechanism for saving yourself from hell. It is a chance to witness the goodness of the Lord in this land of the living. To see Him working in our everyday lives and capitvating our hearts.

-Josh

ps - I updated my "currently listening" section on here.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Amen, Brother Josh. Salvation isn't something that awaits us in the afterlife and grants us an excuse to assign meaninglessness to our lives in the here and now. Salvation captures and enraptures us in the present moment, building us toward unconditioned communion with God and allowing as to act as agents for that communion in the world around us.

Truly this is a great scripture.