Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Past, Present and Future...

Well, by this time next year, I really hope to be set on my path to ministry. I have mixed feelings about my life up to this point. On one hand, I have had some incredible experiences. From making great music with friends I consider as close as brothers to traveling and living life as an adventure, I feel like life has been pretty full. On the other hand, I have done very few preparations for certain goals I have (ie. mission’s work, pasturing, leading). I have decided to not live in regret. I think God has taken me on this distinct journey for a reason and the outcome is going to be amazing as long as I keep my eyes fixed on him.

Looking back at my life as a 23 year old, I made some huge mistakes, and I also grew a ton. I feel like a completely different person. God is doing a constant change in me, and I am truly ready for the next level.

The past few weeks, I have been really trying to sift through all of the crap that clouds my vision. I have been driving more and more with out any music on, so I can focus on prayer and my thoughts. I have been praying before I go to bed. I think God truly is preparing me, and softening my heart.

Anyhoo, I think the next 365 days of me being 24 are going to be great, and my relationship with God is going to become more intimate than ever.

<3

4 comments:

Brady said...

Is today your birthday? If so- have a great one, Josh.

Josh Mickelson said...

yep, thanks man!

The Hosh said...

awesome post! I am excited to know you for the next year!

josiahnotjoshua said...

Awesome! Happy birthday! Liv and I are prayin' for ya.